25.2.10

Utterly Peanut-Buttery Bars

pbbars Oh my goodness, my tastebuds have died and gone to taste Heaven!  I’ve been on a peanut butter kick lately, and having already made peanut butter cookies and sticky peanut butter sauce for chicken, I was looking for a recipe I could add chocolate to.  Gotta use up those remnants from the bags of chocolate chips I bought on sale.  This recipe was on the back of a box of brown sugar, I had all the ingredients on-hand, and it would be easy to add chocolate chips to.  Perfect!  Even my no-sweet-tooth husband said he loved these, and the munchkins liked them topped with vanilla ice cream!

Utterly Peanut-Butter Bars with Chocolate Chips, adapted from the back of a C&H Pure Cane Golden Brown Sugar box

Crust:

1/2 cup soft butter

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Filling:

2 eggs

2 tbsp peanut butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup (approx) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  Crust:  In a medium bowl, mix butter, peanut butter and sugar until well blended.  Stir in vanilla.  Add flour and mix well (it will be crumbly).  Set aside 1 cup of this mixture for the topping.  Firmly press remaining mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan.  Filling:  Beat eggs, peanut butter and both sugars together.  Spread over unbaked crust.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  Crumble reserved crust mixture over all.  Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until center is set and crust is golden brown.  Cool completely before cutting.

2 comments: